Treatments & Therapies
Our programme incorporate a combination of Ayurvedic, Yogic and International Spa therapies. We suggest that you contact the Spa to discuss and plan your schedule. Our Spa Consultant will guide you and recommend the treatment most suited to you. Your Spa consultation will also include the duration and number of treatments you can have and the sequence in which to have them in order to get maximum benefit.
Please note that all the treatments in the spa menu have been specially designed by Ananda practitioners and doctors with its therapeutic effects in mind and any devations from the standard offerings (composition or duration) would need the prior consult of the spa manager or doctor.
A medical questionnaire will have to be filled by you prior to all spa treatments. Please be sure to notify the Spa Consultant if you suffer from any physical ailments, or if you are pregnant. No treatment can be offered to pregnant ladies within the first 16 weeks of pregnancy and thereafter only selective treatments after consultation. Minimum age for spa therapies is 18 years.
Appointments & Cancellations
We suggest that you arrive at the Spa 20 minutes prior to your scheduled treatment time in order to maximize your enjoyment and use of the Hydrotherapy Relaxation Area, from where you will be escorted for your treatment.
Please adhere to appointments in order to take advantage of the full treatment. Should you arrive late your appointment will end at the originally appointed time.
Any cancellation within 4 hrs of scheduled appointment will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Full charges will be imposed for a no – show.
Please bring clothing appropriate for the season and the activities you intend to pursue. Fresh cotton Kurta Pyjamas are provided in you room for your convenience on a daily basis and can be worn on the premises or for traveling to Rishikesh for the Ganga Aarati. However, you will need suitable walking/ trekking shoes and appropriate clothing for outdoor activities and rafting. As a rule the weather from November to February is cold and woollens are recommended. March to September is warm and adequate cotton clothing will suffice. September to November is pleasant and a light shawl or sweater will be adequate as additional clothing.
- Schedule your treatments in advance, as the spa gets busy.
- You will be provided with a private locker in the Spa area which will be equipped with robe and slippers to wear while in the spa. Feel free to wear your own loose, comfortable clothing if you prefer.
- Disposable underwear will also be provided and can be used as per your discretion. Jewellery watch etc must be removed and kept in the locker, your therapist will meet you and guide you to your treatment room, feel free to enjoy the relaxation area at the spa after your treatment, Post certain treatments it is recommended to stay away from the sun, so please plan accordingly.
- Bring your bathing suit if you plan to enjoy the swimming pool.
- Once in your treatment room, your therapist will step out while you remove your robe and climb under the towel of your treatment table. You’ll be draped for privacy at all times.
- For your own relaxation and that of our other guests, the spa is a laptop and cell phone-free zone.
Our ultimate aim to is to provide you with an unforgettable and totally stress-free experience. We hope you will maximize your visit to the Spa and enjoy the services on offer.
Ananda In The Himalayas
The Palace Estate, Narendra Nagar Tehri - Garhwal, Uttaranchal - 249175, INDIA
0800 hrs to 2300 hrs Indian Standard Time
India Toll Free: 1800 102 5333, From Outside India: +91 124 4516650
From 2300 hrs to 0800 hrs Indian Standard Time
Within India and from Outside India : +91 1378 227500